Sierra it is!

Starting in November, 2016, I started looking for a four legged hiking and backpacking partner.  I wanted a canine that would have enough endurance to last on a 10+ mile hike as well as being off-leash.

I did most of my initial research using an article titled 15 Best Dog Breeds for Hiking Buddies

I zeroed in on 3 breeds: Labrador Retriever, Border Collie and an Australian Shepard. I also decided I did not a puppy but rather a young dog between 2 and 5 years old.  I searched many breeders and rescues .. with many false starts. Finally .. I found a 3 year old female Aussie mix (I'm told part setter) from a rescue organization, Perfect Pet Rescue, in Venice, CA with a photo and description that came pretty darn close to my needs.

Her name is Sierra .. and I'm told the original owners discarded her because she was eating their chickens! (fine with me, I don't eat meat anyway). Her name was Sierra .. and I decided not to change her name as I plan on spending many days hiking in the Eastern Sierra's.

I picked up Sierra on February 23, 2017.

Below is a picture of my Sierra taken sometime in February, 2017.


At the time of this post, I live in the Las Vegas, NV area
North/West Part of Las Vegas


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to So Cal

Hiking Mt Wilson Trails